Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Just Deserts

 I figured if I'm going to catch up with all the amazing things I have been trying I'm going to have to start doubling up on the post content (and even that might not be enough).  First up we have pineapple popsicle! Remember my theory that citrus goes with the red sauce of glory?  Well good thing pineapple isn't citrus cause man that was totally mediocre!  Not bad, not good, solidly "meh."  It was so much "meh" that I dipped the popsicle into the plate drippings to make sure that it wasn't great.  To bad, so sad.  I'm wondering if it's the cold that just made it so there wasn't much of a flavor in general.  Plus it was kind of tricky to deposit and taste in the first place.  I'm a fan of the whole mouth method (the popsicle goes in my mouth like a lollypop...how else do you prevent dripping???) so I had to actually adjust my eating method to prevent from just getting a mouthful of S-juice (which is not a bad thing, just goes against the spirit of the experiment).  All in all this one gets a 5 meh's out of 5.

Next up we have what looks like a half eaten bowl of apple sauce, because it is!  I was sharing a bowl with my wife (who is not so much of a fan of dying things red unless it is with actual dye) and when she stated she was done I went in for the kill.  This surprisingly was actually pretty good.  I think I'd have to get the ratio just right to make it a masterpiece, but who ever thought of hot apple sauce?
Me.
I did.
And that makes me brilliant!
I feel like this opens up a whole new world of sposibilities (yeah, that's a new word now, it means Sriracha possibilities...keep up). Hot apples (done, but not yet posted, and oddly, not as good), hot-hot apple pie, hot-hot-hot apple cider ! (the third hot is for the cinnamon stick I chew on after drinking the hot-hot apple cider).
In the end, this get's the Aladdin trophy for a whole new world!

No comments:

Post a Comment